Re: British car magazine

To: compubbs@nbnet.nb.ca
Subject: Re: British car magazine
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 17:36:46 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

(that I wrote)
> >Phil, see "British Car Magazine" Aug/Sep '97 p.48 for an article on
getting
> > wheels refurbished.  The author used Koch's Restorations (805)252-9264

> How do you like that magazine?  Is it more north-american oriented?
>
>  ..Paul

Paul, I like it a lot.  It does seem more NA oriented.  Most of  the cars are
LHD. :-)

If you are a member of the VTR, British Car magazine had a special offer
(seen on page 1440 of The Vintage Triumph magazine (issue#65).  I got a 2
year subscription
(12 issues) to British Car for $39.95 with a bonus of their Oct/Nov 96 issue
on Triumph TR's.  Their (Brit Car) ad in The Vintage Triumph says to mention
that ad for the special Triumph issue as a bonus.  I also subscribe to
Triumph World and Triumph Over Triumph.  All good mags but each has a
different slant as you can see from the titles.  So far I have 3 issues of
British Car and have found something in each one which has helped me to
better understand my car.  That's a pretty good return, I think.  So -- I
recommend it.  Their number is (800)520-8292.

By the way, the Post Office did not deliver my 1st issue (with the bonus TR
issue).  I called British Car when my second issue arrived and told them that
I hadn't recieved the first issue of my subscription.  They immediately sent
me the 1st issue and the bonus by 1st class mail at no charge.  Three days
later the P.O. delivered the lost issues.  When I called British Car to tell
them that and ask them if they wanted it back, their answer was "Give both
issues (the 1st and the bonus) to a friend."  Nice folks, good mag.  I say go
for it.  Please let me know what you think if you do subscribe.  Cheers.

Art Kelly (no interest blah blah in British Car except as a satisfied
subscriber)

P.S. I'm posting this to the "list" also.  We seem to see messages when
businesses screw up, this is one when they have done a good job.  amk