Installing Polyurethane Bushings -Reply

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Installing Polyurethane Bushings -Reply
From: Anne van Leeuwen <anne.van.leeuwen@vitatron.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 06:12:32 -0500
I used Vaseline: worked fine during installation and no squeaking at all.

Anne van Leeuwen
The Netherlands
1972 TR6

***************

Hello All,

I ordered and received a polyurethane suspension bushing kit from British
Parts NW (who are very pleasant to work with over the phone) last week for
the TR-4A, and am ready to start installing the front suspension on the
bare frame.  I had heard that one of the negative things of polyurethane is
that it squeaks.  The guy at British Parts NW suggested putting
"anti-seize" on them before installation.  Has anyone tried this?  If so,
what brand?  Or maybe there is another product that would work better?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Eric Miller
Portland, OR
1965 TR-4A