Sklurshing sounds, high pressure

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sklurshing sounds, high pressure
From: "Gregory J. Edge" <edgr@mbari.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 07:37:47 -0700
Cc: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Will I make it home from work?

While driving at freeway speed, my '80 TR7 (FI) made a sound not
unlike that of a small hydraulic pump.  It seemed to have two distinct
levels and alternated between them a couple of times.
The sound started and stopped several times as well, but there was no
apparent degradation in performance.

Air conditioning compressor was off.

All gauges and idiot lights remained normal.  No smells, no smoke,
no really big flames ....

My first guess is perhaps it is the clutch in the fan(s).

Your ever-so-humble opinions are hereby requested along with source
of supply, part numbers, source of funds, etc.

Gregory J. Edge
'78 TR7 FHC (OGDO)
'80 TR7 DHC FI a/c