Last TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Last TR6
From: TR66pack@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 10:34:40 -0400 (EDT)
Hello list,

I'd like to comment on the last TR6 ad that was posted as follows:

---Snip----
Hey TR6 owners,
In the buyers Gallery of the duPont registry:

=AB1976 Triumph TR6, The Last One Made!
Russet brown with beige interior, Ed Nardi signed steering wheel, roll bar,
luggage rack, original tires, Alpine stereo, tonneau cover, sprint exhaust.
Only 8,500 miles! Absolute perfect condition! Original owner, all records
including window stickers! Still smells new! $26,500. Call Tugg@ (619)
687-6331.=BB

Hum... Wadyathink of that?

-----end snip ----

I think this guy doesn't know what he has(n't) got or is hoping for an
ignorant buyer. First of all, the aftermarket accessories devalue the car. I
wonder, was that Alpine stereo installed at the cost of carving a bigger hole
in the dash support? These are only now becoming available as a repro and
then what? You have to put a repro part in a $26,500 car? A $26,500 should
require NOTHING.

But all of that doesn't matter because, to my knowledge, Bob Tullius still
owns the last TR6 built which, buy the way, is green with tan interior, has
no door mirror (these were installed by the dealers and this car never had
its installed), and the top has never been folded down. When last I spoke
with Mr. Tullius, he still had the car and was considering putting it in a
museum. I am going to try to catch him by his P-51 this year at the Oshkosh
airshow and get an update on the car. (Any listers attending Oshkosh '97?
Aviation is my first passion, Triumphs my second. I'm lucky enough to live in
Oshkosh, on the east side of the North/South runway. The warbird fly-bys are
literally over my street.)

By the way, I am in possesion of a stack of 5x7 photos that were taken of the
car for me by one of the Group 44 folks. The car is started regularly and has
travelled about 950 miles (this number is about 3 years old). Concours folks
would cringe at the sight of the engine compartment of a truly original car.
Lotsa surface rust on the manifolds and unfinished surfaces, the green hoses
look terrible, etc.

A question...How is it that someone posts a question and right under is an
answer or two? What am I missing in terms of delivery of the list? I get two
files a day (in the morning, usually), and anything I send takes a day to be
posted and then I wait a day for a reply. Is this list more quickly
accessible through another site? Just wondering....

Kerry Fores
Editor
6-Pack

'74 TR6
'68 GT6 in the past (and hopefully again in the future!)