Release bearing adjustment - (TR6 adjust)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Release bearing adjustment - (TR6 adjust)
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 08:28:33 -0700
   <  snip  >
>with a properly adjusted clutch, does the
>release bearing rest against the pressure plate cover and rotate AT ALL
>TIMES, or only when pedal is pushed to disengage the pressure plate? I
thought the latter
  <  snip  >
********************************
Martin
You are correct.  The release bearing should NEVER rest against the
pressure plate.  There should be a clearance when the clutch is disengaged.
 the only time the release bearing should be in contact with the pressure
plate springs/levers is during clutch actuation.  If allowed to rotate with
the flywheel/clutch assy constantly then it will wear out very quickly.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )