TR6 lower arm bushings & exhaust pipe studs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 lower arm bushings & exhaust pipe studs
From: "Gene M." <MClan@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 08:05:39 -0700
I am looking for tips on 2 items.

First, I am changing the triunion bushings on the lower wishbone.  The
plastic bushings are not going in over 1/4 of the way--tapping them or
pressing  with a clamp from both sides is not budging them.  Is there a
lubricant or special technique to drive these in?

Second, the studs for the exhaust downpipe are stuck in the manifold.  I
have been soaking them for a week with Rust Buster but still no signs of
loosening.  They may be original from 1970 and it doesn't look like
these are copper studs.  Anyone have any special tricks or is there a
particularly good penetrating solution to free them up?

Gene M.
70 TR6 #52098