Copperslip on the list.

To: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Copperslip on the list.
From: "Barry P. Warwick" <bwarwick@wcoil.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 20:14:54 -0400 (EDT)
Fello "anti-seize listers".  This stuff is wonderful.  Used it all the time
back home (UK).  Have just begun restoration project, first since in US and
was negotiating with family members to have a tub of Copperslip brought
over.    Regretably trip fell thro'.  So anybody know where this truely
wonderful product (trust me!) is available in US???

Hopefully,
Barry

At 08:29 AM 7/21/97 -0400, you wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Jul 1997, Eric Miller wrote:
>

>> Hello All,
>>
>> I ordered and received a polyurethane suspension bushing kit from British
>> Parts NW (who are very pleasant to work with over the phone) last week for
>> the TR-4A, and am ready to start installing the front suspension on the
>> bare frame.  I had heard that one of the negative things of polyurethane is
>> that it squeaks.  The guy at British Parts NW suggested putting
>> "anti-seize" on them before installation.  Has anyone tried this?  If so,
>> what brand?  Or maybe there is another product that would work better?
>>
>> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>>

>> Eric Miller
>> Portland, OR
>> 1965 TR-4A
>>

>Eric:  I used a copper based anti-seize compound.  I believe it's called
>Copaslip.  Works well on bushings, nuts and bolts, etc.  I can't remember
>why, but I was told to specifically use a copper based product.  I had to
>do some searching for it, but it is available.
>
>Robert Carley
>73 TR6

Barry P. Warwick
Harrod, OH.