Re: Value of a (real) Lotus 7? <0694433D3A80A028*/c=US/admd=

To: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Subject: Re: Value of a (real) Lotus 7? <0694433D3A80A028*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 16:21:23 PDT
Cc: "Triumph List" (Return requested) <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, kerch@parc.xerox.com
>>>"Vincenti, Ross" said:
 > There is a 1971(?) Lotus 7 for sale ... Not a Caterham copy
 > (which by themselves are damn nice toys, too)

My understanding was that Caterham's are just as "real" as the original
Lotus-badged cars, since Caterham bought the license to build them and most of
the tooling from Lotus; some of Caterhams workers are even ex-Lotus.

OF course, to some collectors a "Lotus" 7 is more desirable than a "Caterham"
7, but I think each has a claim to be "real", and not copies.

Now, there are a few other companies that *do* make copies; that's different.

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center