It's Alive!!

To: The Collective Wisdoms <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: It's Alive!!
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 22:23:15 -0700 (PDT)
Woohoo!  It runs!  *cheer*

This evening I finally knuckled down and kept trying.  I have new plugs
and a new condenser, but it ended up that my choke cables weren't
working.  I yanked the choke with one hand and turned the key with they
other and managed to drain the battery :(

But it fired, and an hour on the charger got me enough power to get it to
run on itself!!  yay!

On another note, (exhause note), the PO's custom-built muffler had to be
raked into a heap before I took it home.  I'm thinking of buying a
"performance" turbo-muffler, but the PO warned me about back pressure.
Now, as my Chevette has proven, too little back pressure (no muffler)
causes severe backfiring when going down hills in low gear.  Anyone got
experiences/tales to tell regarding the use of a cheapy
muffler?

-Malcolm   1962 TR4  CT10339L

    Too many rocks and not enough sand.