Re: Spitfire Batteries (Summary)

Subject: Re: Spitfire Batteries (Summary)
From: "Atwell Haines" <Carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 97 07:59:27 PDT
Battery recap for Spitfires:

Recommended size is Group 24.    Group 42 also fits.   But both these battery
groups are tight if you have a plastic battery tray liner installed.

Also, new (longer) J-hooks must be purchased if you want the battery to be
restrained with the original bar.

I would not recommend the Group 26 battery, it is too tall.   The clearance to
the tubular hood (bonnet) frame is only about the thickness of a piece of
rubber heater hose.   Don't have room for the restraining bar either.

I went with the Group 42.  It is an inch shorter that the 24 (and now my Spit &
Lotus have the same size battery!!!)

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire FM96062
'88 Lotus Esprit