Spitfire radiators

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spitfire radiators
From: GLENN BOWLEY <gbowley@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 07:20:42 -0400
Hello all-
My '75 Spit is in need of a new radiator, and I was reading the MOSS catalog
looking for a replacement. I happend to see that both a 15" & 21" core were
fitted to this car, depending on the year and federal or California make.
 I was wondering if I could get away with installing a 21" core radiator in my
car?
The car now has a 15" core, and as everybody knows, these cars alwarys run on
the hot side. I figured since I was shelling out the money for a new radiator
anyway, maybe I could install a larger unit?
Is the 21" core for the "slant-type" radiator? Will I be able to get the two
side mounting brackets required for the new (21") radiator.

Anybody out there ever attempt this?

Thanks in advance!
Glenn Bowley
'75 Spitfire 1500 (hot!)