74

To: stevens@erols.com
Subject: 74
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 14:27:39 1997
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
All had overriders, the later ones look like the 75/76 with
light UNDER the front bumper.  You'll note only the early
74 CANNOT be converted to a NON-bumper car easily, i.e. yours.
Both front and rear bumpers have notches for the riders.

Later cars have bolt holes in the front and require a 1/4"
shim at the mount point in the rear to keep from crushing
the rear fenders if you elect to mount it without riders.

I did this to my 76 as I couldn't bear the thought of bolting
those rusty rotten rubber things to the newly chromed bumper.
MAKE sure an use the 1/4" spacers mentioned above on the rear!
I bought some "bumper plugs" at Pep boys for the front holes.

Was nervous about the "look" as these are higher an protrude
much more than the early cars.  Looks perfect, I like the front
better than the early cars, as it has more of a visible "mouth"
underneath, looks more macho.

To give you an idea, the TR6 guys parking cars at the TRF summer
party were convinced it was a non-rider early car, had to show
them the VIN before I was allowed to park with the later cars.

Roger