TR7 Tire Selection

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR7 Tire Selection
From: DuperSude@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 22:01:15 -0400 (EDT)
Hello all,
  Well it will be awhile before I can get those TR8 alloys, so for now I will
have to settle with the stock TR7 wheels and covers. <sigh>  Anyways, I am
going to need new tires as the PO had 4 different brands and 3 different size
tires on it and all are within a gnats eyelash of cords showing. So, can
anyone out there recommend the lowest profile and widest tire that will fit
on the stock rim without rubbing the car and messing up my speedometer too
much? The car is a 79 TR7 Fixed-Head Coupe.
TIA,
Danny Burket  DuperSude@AOL.com