TR-6 Radio/Speaker Installation

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR-6 Radio/Speaker Installation
From: "John Di Fede"<difejo@consumer.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 97 11:31:49 -0500
     Hello Ted and Lex;

        Regarding your radio inquiries, I just replaced my TR-6 radio with
     a Pioneer unit.  It is a radio cassette with clock, high power unit
     shaft style (with knobs)  that fit right into the existing hole like a
     glove.  There are some nice shaft style radio's still available.  I
     know of two brands, Pioneer and Kenwood that still make them.

     I purcahsed my Pioneer in Wal Mart for about $130.  I don't have the
     model number but if you e mail me directly I'll be happy to get it for
     you.  The only drawback with this Pioneer unit is that the
     illumination is orange, and dosen't match the green used on my TR-6
     gauges.  Last time I was in Wall Mart they still had it on display.
     If you must have green, the Kenwood unit is lit in green.

     I have the kenwood installed in an MG and and can give you that model
     # also.  This Kenwood will also control a Kenwood CD changer.

     The Kenwoods are listed in the Crutchfield catalog (can get you their
     phone # also).  Even if you don't order from them you can call and
     they will look in their database and tell you the maximum radio
     chassis that will fit into your dash.  You can then use this info to
     shop on your own, as many radio's have their dimensions listed right
     on their boxes.

     John Di Fede

     Hopewell Junction NY

     75 TR-6