Off with the body - TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Off with the body - TR6
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 00:23:17 -0400
          It's time to take the plunge and take the body off to do some
frame repair on my '72 TR6. I believe that all the bolts are out. Before
I go and start using a jack, and messing up the entire body, I hope that
someone can coroborate that the following are all the bolts that need
to be removed. (Keeping with the thoughtful scope of the currrent thread, I
am thanking
in advance and will also respond individually with gratitude).

        After removing center console:

        1) 7 sill bolts (each side)

        2) 2 rear fender bracket bolts (each side)

        3) 2 rear quarter panel bracket bolts to frame (each side)

        4) 1 "rear seat" bolt (each side)

        5) 1 bolt securing seat belt to frame (each side)

        6) 1 bolt located by side of trunk (this is a real headache, using
           appropriate internet ettiquette, to access. It took about 2 hours
           to remove this one. The bolt is accessed through slots in the frame
           and the nut is sandwiched in a strenghening bar.) (each side)

        7) 1 bolt near front wheel well (each side)

        8) 1 bolt securing spare tire hook to frame. (center only)

        Is this the entire list? If so, any ideas why the body doesn't just
"lift off"?
        I didn't forget about all the odds 'n' ends in the engine compartment.

                Thanks,
                Jeff N.