I'm back after eight months absence!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: I'm back after eight months absence!
From: "Spitfire Driver" <spitfire_driver@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 06:11:17 PDT
Hi Folks,

Just a short note to say hello to all recent subscribers (since last
October) and hello again to everybody else.

I've not had a sensible email connection since I changed jobs last
November, but now I do again.

Before I went, I was toying with putting new wheels on the spit, and
those are now on, along with a nice shiney twin sports exhaust and K&N
air filters.

My engine has almost given up the ghost, burning a litre of oil every
150 miles or so (this seems to be helping my mpg on petrol!), so a new
engine is high on my current shopping list (I've got some interesting
ideas for that replacement...).

I hope I saw lots of you at Stafford the other weekend, I was one of the
heavies trying to persuade you to guess the number of balloons in the
triumph herald (in the middle of the auto-jumble) The prize went to one
of our Dutch friends who correctly guessed at 191 balloons.

Hey Rich, are you still driving that beutifully painted yellow spit? I
didn't see it this year!

Ok, enough rambling...it's good to talk...who said that?

I guess I'll see some of you at the mg & Triumph day at Tatton Park,

bye for now,

chris.

= Chris Boston - Spit. 1500  - Brooklands Green (+ rust)  =
=              - 'OEY 468S'  - Owned Since August 1995    =
= Manchester   - 30-35 mpg.  - 94K Miles + 200 Miles/week =
= U.K.         - Not Garaged - 150 Miles/Litre of oil!    =
= Mods: TriumphTune Stainless Twin Sports Exhaust System  =
=     : K&N Air Filters                                   =
=     : Dolomite Sprint Alloy Wheels + 185*60*13 Tyres    =