Re: Free advice

To: cb1500@erols.com (Charlie Brown), triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Free advice
From: jrunge@attmail.com (John Runge)
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 09:14:18 +0000
General comment!

When answering direct, the newcomers to the list misses out on good
information.

I would suggest cutting the original msg to the bone and attaching the answer
and then sending it to the list.

Of course, including the particular TR model in the subject line would help a
lot.

When praising or denouncing a Vendor or Service provider, include company name
and location.

Thank you's should be mandatory.

I feel a lot better now, but I still look the same.

Have a great Week-End

John

59 TR3A (all together sans Tune-Up)
61 TR3A (Oxidisius Maximus) (that's pronounced "Rust Bucket")

------------- Begin Original Message ------------- Snipped here and there
From: internet!erols.com!cb1500 (Charlie Brown)
Subject: Free advice

TR folks,

I really didn't want to post this, but I think it may be necessary
information for some of the listers "out there on the fringe"--the people
who only write when they have some sort of major problem. You guys know
who you are.

Over the past months, for better or worse, I've sent suggestions for
various problems directly to the person with the problem--not wanting to
clog the main list with information that's been posted time and time
again.

>From time to time I've had questions answered. I've alway made a point of
sending a "thank you" to the person who offered help, or at least took
the time to offer advice. It's called common courtesy.