Tr4 Progress

To: The Collective Wisdoms <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tr4 Progress
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 16:47:34 -0700 (PDT)
I got my tach cable working today, if anyone wants to know my secrets
email me and I'll share with the list...

Anyway, I've got a problem somewhere in the electrics (surprise surprise)

The wiper/gauges/etc. circuit has a short in it.  --somewhere.  I'd like
to check the voltage box that leads to the gauges, but I don't know how.

Has anyone dismantled one of these?  By the sounds of it, it's a
transistor (voltage regulator).

The Haynes manual hasn't got a clue on how to test for electric problems,
aside from replacing each part until you find a faulty one (something I
don't have the money, or the fuses, to do)-- anyone conjured up a
reliable method of testing?

-Malcolm
'62 TR4, c/w gremlins

    Too many rocks and not enough sand.