TR6 Master Cyl. tipping valve

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Master Cyl. tipping valve
From: QAGroup@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 22:33:14 -0400 (EDT)
I just rebuilt my master cylinder, bled it and the pedal still goes to the
floor.  I noticed that while pumping the pedal that you could see and hear
fluid squirting up into the reservoir - coming up from where the tipping
valve seats.  I know I must be missing something here.  Shouldn't the tipping
valve somehow "plug" the opening to the reservoir so pressure can build in
the cylinder bore?  The master cylinder is still in the car and I plan on
removing it again to inspect the operation of the tipping valve.

In the meantime, could one of you please try an experiment for me?  Pump the
brake pedal while looking at the reservior and see if you can see fluid
squirting up inside of it.

Thanks,
Randy Kosow
'73 TR6 CF814UO - started for the first time in 8 years this past friday
night!