Old car smell - where's it gone?!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Old car smell - where's it gone?!
From: Andrew Linkens <alinkens@nuera.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 09:22:58 -0700
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP8701062343alinkens@fargo>
>Robert writes
>
>I got my new leather seats from newton commercial. Very good
>crafrmanship. i love the smell of leather in the car. I think i will
>keep the hardtop on just to be able to feel th wonderfull smell of
>english sportscar.

Congratulations! There'll be a lot of jealous people on the list.
Until recently, anyone stepping into my car always commented on the 'lovely
smell of these old cars'!
Sadly, in an attempt to improve the interior that characteristic smell has
gone! First, the new carpet and then the second hand seats (- must've been
stored in a damp outbuilding and also needed colour to be changed using
Vinylkote) have left me with a car that stinks of a coal cellar and needs
de-fumigating before every ride! Ah, well, those were the days!
Anyone had any success in restoring the old car smell?
Andy
alinkens@nuera.com