Re: Throttle Shafts for TR-3/4

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Throttle Shafts for TR-3/4
From: Mark Clark <clarkm@OIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 02:54:44 -0700 (PDT)
  I sent my carbs to Apple Hydraulics to have the shafts rebushed.  They
did a nice job, and the price was reasonable - on the order of $100,
though since I don't have my reciepts here I can't remember exactly.

  I tried doing an oversize shaft as replacement myself, but found the
real problem was mounting the throttle stop on the shaft - my tools are
not the greatest, though I do have a drill press, and I found it hard to
get it on at the right angle.  Apple Hydraulics did that as part of the
rebush job - made it worth it to me.

Dr. Mark Clark
Oregon Institute of Technology