'71 TR6 Update

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '71 TR6 Update
From: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 08:44:35 -0400
Hi:
Just wanted to update everyone on the list who has been helpful in
getting my TR6 back into shape.
1) Slave cylinder - my mechanic originally thought I would need a new
one, but once in there he decided he could rebuild it.
2) Front end - rack boots and bushings, upper ball joints, outer tie rod
ends, front springs, front shocks.
3) Rear end - springs, shocks were "recharged"
4) Carbs - both rebuilt, and throttle shaft replaced.  New fuel pump.
The universal joints in the back are badly worn, and will need
replacement soon.  He also said the "splines" in the rear axles may be
bad, but he won't know until he gets in there.  Also, the car need rear
wheel bearings, the passenger side especially.
The good news: he confirmed that the frame is solid, no rust or
weakness!

Still, some questions remain:
Car still leans considerably to the passenger side, especially in the
rear.  What could be causing this?  When viewing the car from behind it
looks really lopsided !

Car still hesitated when accelerating in first gear.  Could this be a
problem other than the carbs?
I enjoyed the car a whole lot this weekend, even though there is a loud
"clunk" in the rear from the ujoints, and the car is lopsided.  We drove
it around pretty much.
Sirmoog
'71 TR6