Re: Two layers of rocker panels on Spitfire?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Two layers of rocker panels on Spitfire?
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 08:36:41 -0700
>My newly running 72 Spit has a decent body, except for both rocker panels.
>They are totally shot under the hood latches. Poking at one, it disintegrated
>but there seems to be a fairly intact panel under the rust, with a layer of
>bondo in between. Is there some sort of cosmetic coverup for forlorn rocker
>panels available?
Sorry Joe, the only real fix is to replace the rocker panels - remember,
these are stressed members that add rigidity to the body structure.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )