Re: Throttle Shafts repair on TR3/4 SU's

To: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Subject: Re: Throttle Shafts repair on TR3/4 SU's
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 11:24:03 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Sat, 26 Jul 1997, Henry Frye wrote:

> Moss sells oversized throttle shafts, TRF sells rebushing kits.
>
> The Moss setup requires a reamer ($114.95 - ouch) and the TRF rebushing
> means a trip to a machine shop.
>
> Has anybody gone thru this? Which way is better?

        I opted for TRF route... new shafts and sleeved the carb bodies.
        I left the reaming to a reliable machine shop (if they screwed, up
        I had recourse... or some one else to blame). With the carb rebuild
        kit, I think the job came to about $125... Although I've slept
        since then :)

        Good luck...

        Greg

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois