spit problems

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: spit problems
From: dsimpson@ds2.ncweb.com (david r simpson)
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 21:47:08 -0400 (EDT)
To List

  I just recently got my 76 spitfire back on the road, and have replaced the
Stromberg carb and reinstalled all of the emission stuff, not really sure
why I did that, but I did.  Now I can not seem to get it running well.
Double checked for vacuum leaks & got everthing tight.  Now it idles  smooth
but hesitats & almost back fires under acceleration.  It does not have much
power and accelerates slow & seems to have a lag in the acceleration.
If you stomp on the pedal it alomst dies. When you take your foot off the
gas it smooths out.   Could this being in the timing or a fuel pump going
bad??   Feels like it is not getting enough gas. Checked the carb float, it
is ok.  The spark is fine & plugs are not fouled.

Dave Simpson
NE Ohio
76 spitfire