Re: Clutch pedal / pushrod hole elongation [was Re: Clutch engagement pr

To: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch pedal / pushrod hole elongation [was Re: Clutch engagement problems]
From: Mark Clark <clarkm@OIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 01:04:26 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Ken Streeter wrote:

> I have a 70 & 74 TR6, and both suffer from this
> problem, putting my clutch engagement practically
> at the floor.
>
> How do people typically fix this properly?  The
> holes in both the pushrod and the clutch pedal
> have been "elongated" on my cars.

  I looked at this for my car - fortunatly the other fixes meant I did not
have to do anything about it.  I had decided to take it to a machine shop,
and have them fill the hole by welding or some other method, and then
install a bushing.  One would of course have to measure carefully first to
make sure the hole went in the right place.

  Seems like this might be a nice cottage industry for someone with time
on their hands - there must be lots of these pedal boxes outhere worn to a
nubbin.

Dr. Mark Clark
Oregon Institute of Technology