TR-3A - glovebox key *can't* come out when glovebox open

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-3A - glovebox key *can't* come out when glovebox open
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@sj.znet.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 09:37:23 -0700 (PDT)
   Someone posted a question about whether the TR-3 glovebox key could be
removed when the door is open.  A locksmith told me it can't, because it is
not made with an appropriate groove at the open point, having it only at
the closed.
   My solution will be to rekey so I can use a third key, which would not
be on the chain that has the ignition and house key, etc.  Then it can stay
in the the glovebox lock when I'm driving.
   John Cowan