Re: Vintage racer GT6 info needed

To: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Subject: Re: Vintage racer GT6 info needed
From: John Matthews <matthews@sj.bigger.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 16:34:37 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dave Terrick wrote:

> Terrick here.
>
> Budget on its way to squash the AH 3000 in Vintage.....ya ya ya I kno
> that's not the point but.....
>
> has anyone out there been successful at fitting 205 60 13's on a Mk II Gt6
> or Mk III spitfire?
>
> I've got access to a set of 185 s and a set of 205's and wonder about the
> balance F/R and clearance problems.
>
> The next race is in 10 days so  I dont have much time to waste.
>
> Please send any comments directly to dterrick@pangea.ca.  I'll be listening,
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dave Terrick
> Winnipeg
> 69 GT6+

Dave,

Not sure about the street sizes, but my buddy who runs in SCCA down here
manages to squeeze 20" Hoosier racing slicks onto his GT-6. Of course
the rear end isn't stock, and he uses a fiberglass bonnet, but if you're
willing to modify some stuff it might work.
I'm running 185 60 13's on my racin' Herald and all I had to do was roll
the inside of the wheelwells.

Good Luck,

John Matthews
'61 Herald, '63 TR-4