Re: Windshields - TR4 & Spit the same?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Windshields - TR4 & Spit the same?
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 07:46:04 -0700
Ross V. writes:
>Can someone please confirm for me whether a TR4 windshield is the same as
>an early Spitfire?  My understanding is that these cars all used the same
>detachable windscreen frame thus the windshield would have to be the same,
>correct?  What about a TR6 windshield?  Thanks in advance
********************
Ross,
Yes.  The windscreen (glass) is truly the same for all TR4,TR250, TR6, and
Spitfire (up until the MK4) models.  With the introduction of the MK4 the
frame was deepened (and also made integral with the body tub) about 2
inches necessitating a new different/larger windscreen.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )