Re: lawyer story RESPONSE (no lbc BUT IMPORTANT)

To: Paulsv@aol.com
Subject: Re: lawyer story RESPONSE (no lbc BUT IMPORTANT)
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 09:41:45 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: joe-schneider@nwu.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 30 Jul 1997 Paulsv@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 97-07-30 00:33:36 EDT, joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph
> Schneider) writes:
>
> I disagree.  No plaintiff's attorney brings a suit without a plaintiff (your
> patient) pushing him to do it.

        Seen on TV last night:

        "Injured by the neglegence of others? We'll get you MONEY! Our
        law firm has helped hundreds of people..."
        (the rest of the ususal drivel deleted)

        I think it's the tennure of the times that people feel they can
        profit from their own stupidity. Lawyers are just catering to a need,
        I suppose.

> their monopoly (and every Doctor's God given right to make $600,000 or more a
> year - currently earning a national average about 4 times the national
> average for lawyers)

        I'm gonna have to find out where the missus is hiding all that damn
        money... She's been holding out on me! Maybe I'll get a lawyer:*)...

> Yes people are pissed off enough about lawyers to make jokes about them, but
> they are pissed off enough about doctors to sue them whenever they get the
> chance, and to rule against them when they serve on a jury.

        I suggest everybody just back off and cool down. Our BRITISH CARS
        create enough business for this list.

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois