Shipping Parts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Shipping Parts
From: transerv@sprynet.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 15:10:20 -0700
Hey team,

I just thought you all might like to keep something in mind.  The UPS contact
expires in a couple of days, and if negotiations are not successful they will
shut down for a while.

Any of you part purchases in route will be stuck for a while....how long is
anybody's guess.

The only safe alternatives are:

1. RPS, but they probably will not accept any new customers' packages as they
will be overwhelmed with packages from current shippers that use both RPS and
UPS, and will be diverting everything to RPS.

2. USPS, the old Post Orrifice...slow but sure, but the lines will be longer
than a bad girl's dream as small businesses try and use them instead of regular
UPS pick ups.

Possibly the best solution is to delay any shipping for a week or two until the
dust settles.

UPS still handles the vast majority of all packages shipped in the US...upwards
of 12 million or so a day...so even if they strike, Mr. Bill will step in and
end it quickly, so commerce can keep moving.

I was in the business and I realize the stresses, so I sympathize with the UPS
driver who makes $45K a year...but not much.

R. Houston
63 TR4...looking for parts from CT.