Hot water valve

To: The Collective Wisdoms <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hot water valve
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 12:51:43 -0700 (PDT)
Found the source of my coolant leak, the rubber diaphragm in the hot
water valve had perished.  Obsolete Automotive claims that there are no
service parts for the hot water valve, but they'll gladly sell me a brand
new one for $56 cdn.

aCk!  I can't afford that!  (*sob*)

Right now I've put a threaded plug in one hole and a large bolt & hose
clamp in the other.  It doesn't leak, but I have no heater either (no
problem yet, of course, but the demister is required on the Wet Coast)

Has anyone got a spare hot water valve?  Has anyone found replacement
parts for one?  I might take a trip to the wrecker's and see if there's
something I can use on a later car.  Insofar as I know, there's no
Triumphs at all at the yard, but maybe I can use the innards of something
else...?

Any ideas?

Thanks...
Malcolm