Re: Wanted /possiblyFS SilverStone (factory) mag wheel for TR 2-8

To: Tom Leake <tomleake@enol.com>
Subject: Re: Wanted /possiblyFS SilverStone (factory) mag wheel for TR 2-8
From: "Dean C. Paige" <ecopaige@metro.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 15:49:14 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Tom Leake wrote:

> I am looking to complete a set of Silverstone Mag ( the 8 spkoke factory
>wheel) wheels for TR2-6   Does any one know of just one.  Or even
what I would expect

> If I can't find a suitable replacement I may consider trading/selling them.
>
> Thanks
> Tom Leake
> 65 TR4 A  IRS

SilverStone, Minilite, American mags. Anybody have history or info on
these. I have 4 American 8 spokes. Thought they were the optional
equipment wheels most common on TRs. Now I'm not so sure. What were the
diferences. None of the replacements available today really look like the
originals that came on my 4-A. And none that I've seen are anywhere near
as light as the Americans. I'd really like to find a fifth wheel to
augment my set also. Tom, if yours are compatible I might be interested
in a purchase. You'll have to set a price though, cause I don't have a
clue. I suppose the price of a panasport could serve as a starting point.

Deano