zs carbs 2

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: zs carbs 2
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:47:23 -0600
Topic 1:
        Further to my original post, assuming I successfully rebuild the
carbs, what is the recommended method of synchronizing the carbs?

        The big three all list the Unisyn tool but I don't have one of
these. The Haynes carb book recommends a piece of tubing at the ear and
carb and listening for the "hiss" to be the same level in both carbs.
Will this produce adequate results? Or should I spring for the Unisyn
tool?

        I already have the mixture adjustment tool. Also missing is the
Colortune (or equivalent). Bentley and Haynes seem to agree on the
method to determine mixture so I don't feel as deprived for not having
the Colortune kit.

Topic 2:
        Should I replace the throttle shafts and bushings at this time
as well? If I don't do it now and decide to later, will this mean
another full rebuild or do the throttle shafts and bushings get replaced
independent of the rest of the carb parts? (I have no manual with me
right now so cannot determine the procedure).

Comments and suggestions appreciated, thanks as always.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada