Ken Brown-TR6 trailing arm repair

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Ken Brown-TR6 trailing arm repair
From: ybullet@flash.net (Steve L. Toth)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 22:31:07 -0500
Ken wrote:

>Steve.........Upon a recent inspection on the trailing arm I discover that my
>hub was held on by only two studs. I was planning on just putting in helicoils,
>but the insert sounds like a much better idea. Is there a brand name for these
>inserts and can they be obtained at any good auto parts store? Is there any
>problems with dissimilar metals causing corrosion?

  Ken,

   Two studs!  Consider yourself very lucky.  I had six holding well prior
to the autocross.
   Helicoils will serve the purpose fine if you plan on driving on the
street only, _and_ if you drive with some sanity.  Unlike myself, of
course.  :P
   The brand that I am researching is made by "Keenserts".  I have already
recieved faxes from two companies that make similar products.  I promise to
keep the list posted on my results.
   Dissimilar metals can cause problems.  Aluminum and steel can corrode
and even make disassembly nearly impossible.  At least, this has been my
experience.

                                        Steve