Re: Ken Brown-TR6 trailing arm repair

To: "Steve L. Toth" <ybullet@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Ken Brown-TR6 trailing arm repair
From: Chad Jester <triumph@uriel.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 13:41:35 +0900
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Steve,

I saw your mishap at Dallas.  Quite a show ;)

I have followed this thread on thread repairs (no puns) with some
interest.
I have used several different methods of thread repair in my business
(power generation - combustion turbines).  I have found that Helicoils
are a
superior product to the threaded inserts you mention.  They really do
provide
a more solid anchor than the original threads.  We use them im many
places
on our combustion turbines (new manufacture) since they have been used
successfully in the field.  The nice thing is, Heli-coils (in the sizes
for
TR6's) are easy to find, like at NAPA or PEP boys.  The other types are
not.

My '74 TR6 has all the studs Heli-coiled.

Regards,

--
Chad Jester     Seoul, KOREA
'74 TR6         CF15486UO