TR4 rear suspension knock - solved

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 rear suspension knock - solved
From: Dean Mericas <dmericas@limno.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 06:54:19 -0400 (EDT)
Well, the solution to the knocking sound in my rear suspension turned out
to be embarassingly simple -- a loose shock absorber.  I had to really
grab the thing and rock it hard to detect the movement, but it was there.
The biggest challenge was figuring out how to keep the bolt from rotating
as I tightened the nut.  There is no room for a socket to go over the bolt
head.

BTW, several folks provided the correct diagnosis within a few hours of my
posting.  Is this a great list, or what.  For the record, the first
solution in was provided by Art Kelly.

Thanks again for all the help.

Dean Mericas, PH.D.
Senior Environmental Engineer