Hot Feet

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hot Feet
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@octonline.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 10:21:36 -0400
I've been cruising the last two evenings to get some miles on my Spit
after the "Positive Camber Problem". Everything is working fine. But, I
really don't need my feet slow cooked. There is a lot of heat coming
from the engine when under way. It only appears on the drivers side. My
wife is quite comfortable on the passenger side.
Here's what I've done to date: Heater is off. I've also clamped the hose
in the engine compartment that goes to the heater core. I've plug any
holes in the firewall with "dum-dum" weather putty. With the holes
plugged, its even hotter. It seems that they are providing some cooling
effect.
When stopped, there is no more flow of hot air on my feet. I believe
that the hot air is coming through the tranny cover but this is
difficult to prove while driving. I can't drive and reach far enough
forward at the same time. I looked at the flange where the firewall &
tranny cover meet and didn't see any light coming through(trouble light
was placed near pedals).
Any ideas before I get too eager and rip things apart?