Re: Unusual VIN on 60 TR3A

To: EPaul21988@aol.com
Subject: Re: Unusual VIN on 60 TR3A
From: Doug Mathews <tr3run@PEACHNET.CAMPUS.MCI.NET>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 10:39:03 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
My TR3B also has the "STC 62" aluminum plate and the Colorado title had
that also as part of the title id. I figured it was something the one of
the DPO's had added and it got included as part of the title. I'm curious
if any other TR's had that added. I do not think its from the factory, but
its curious anyway.

At 10:24 AM 7/31/97 -0400, you wrote:
>List;
> I just acquired TS 71101L.  Immediately above the usual ID plate there was
>an aluminium plate of the same size, stamped convex not concave with the
>following:
>TRIUMPH STC-62
>
>This  also precedes the usual VIN on the California title which came with the
>car, so the VIN appears as: TRIUMPH STC-62TS71101L on the title.
>
>Any ideas where this came from or what it means?
>
>Bob Paul
>Corrales NM

Doug Mathews
Weekdays Voice: 706-542-6820 FAX: 706-542-6881
64TR4  TC38798L(in restoration)
63TR3B TCF1520L(Driver)
59TR3A TS6140L(Parts creature)
57TR3  TS18791LO(Parts creature)