[Fwd: Re: Hot Feet]

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Hot Feet]
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@octonline.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 12:27:12 -0400

--------------285120347D47

This reply forward, with Mike's permission.

--------------285120347D47

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 09:09:48 -0600
From: mike@spitfire.stortek.com (Mike Ginter SA)
To: vicwhit@octonline.com
Subject: Re: Hot Feet

The heat in the cockpit of my spit comes from two sources:

The tranny cover.  This was resolved after installation of a new cover from
MOSS via Dick Burger (plastic cover, not fiberboard - highly recommended)..
I also sealed it extremely well with new seals and bought some insulation
from (yes it's true) JC Whitney on the under side of the cover and got rid
of that old wrapped-in-plastic insulation from the original cover.  Works
great now, no heat leakage whatsoever (also highly recommended).
BTW - In addition, I added a screw to the top middle of the cover.  My
firewall did not have a hole for this, I had to drill one..

I currently have the door seals removed.  The bonnet configuration allows
massive amounts of engine heat to dump in through the door joints if seals
are not installed or are in very poor condition.  It took me awhile to
figure this one out.  Difficult to do while driving as you are now aware..

Mike
79 Spit

--------------285120347D47--