TR3 m/c bore

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 m/c bore
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 97 17:21:14 -0400
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     I was in touch with White Post regarding re-sleeving my master
     cylinders and they told me that it would be $100 each, plus shipping.
     Then by way of confirmation, he said "Those are the ones with the
     plastic reservoir, right?" - but they're not. When I informed him that
     they're the ones with the remote tin-can reservoir, he said it would
     then be only $50, because there's only a single diameter all the way
     down the bore. The reason for the initial $100 figure was that on the
     others, the diameter goes down .030" part way down, necessitating two
     sleeves.

     That's all very well and good, but when I peered down my master
     cylinders, there did appear to be a ridge down there. Can anyone
     confirm whether this type really has a ridge? I can't figure out how
     to be sure, and if it does I can't understand why, as it's a single
     circuit with the incoming fluid at the centre of the end of the
     cylinder. In other words, I don't want to pay for an unnecessary
     stepped bore.

     TIA,
     Jim Wallace
     '60 TR3a TS81417