Re: ZS problems

To: dchilds@lawson.epri.com
Subject: Re: ZS problems
From: Charlie Brown <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 17:53:18 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dave

> > Wow thanks for the long response!!!  I will try to answer your
> > questions....
> > 1) Yes, it sounds like a good idea to vent into the Longflow if I can
> > get it to work.
> > They provide a way of doing that.
> > 2) I have taken carb cleaner and sprayed all hoses and fittings looking
> > for leaks.
> > I have not found any.
> > 3) I have a flexible rubber hose going from the valve cover to the carb.
> >
> > No PCV valve to the carb, no Y with a PCV valve that goes to the
> > charcoal canister.

The later Spits never had a PCV valve, only a hose on the carb, with that
plastic restrictor/adapter, and the "T" down to the charcoal cannister

> > 4) When I test the car with out a filter I remove everything.  No
> > backing plate, no foam.
> > I did however try inserting the screws that hold the air filter back
> > plate on.  This was just
> > Increase there was some port in there that I could not see.

Still sounds like the backing plate on the Longflow is blocking
something.

> > 5) I have an oxygen sensor and a meter to read it,  however, I have not
>hooked it up.
> > I need to drill a hole and weld a nut on the headers.  The threads on
> > the oxygen sensor
> > are strange.  15mm??? metric???
It's a standard 18mm x 1.5

> > 6) I may have access to color tune.  Our club was thinking of buying it.
> >  I wonder if
> > they are on to that? ....  Mmmmm.  I will give them a call.

Have you rechecked the fuel pump for pressure?
Charlie B.