FW: TR6 radio interference

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: TR6 radio interference
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 17:19:10 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [Robert Swift
<bertswft@tiac.net>]]

     Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 13:36:03 -0400 (EDT)
     From: Robert Swift <bertswft@tiac.net>

Help!  I've just finished restoring the dashboard and instrument panel on my
'76 TR6 and decided to install aa Alpine in-dash CD player and Speakers into
the car while I'm at it. The instalation of everything went well and it
looks and sounds terrific. Until I start the engine. This is my problem:
With the engine running the music on the stereo is extremely distorted. So
bad I can't listen to it. It's not the whinning sound that follows the RPMs.
It's a robust distortion that threatens to blow the speakers if I dare to
listen to it. I've treid installing the power cables a few different ways .
First, as directed in the manual(one power cable to the ignition system and
one cable to the battery), and now I've got it with both power cables going
straight to the battery(thinking that I'll bypass the ignition system).

My local alpine dealer won't touch it for less than $150.00/hour(!!!)
because I didn't buy it from him. He says that there are many things that
could be the cause of it. and he doesn't know if it would take him 45
minutes of two days to find and cure the problem. Basically, he toldme I'm
on my own. Has anyone else out there experienced this? There must be someone
else like me who wants to be able to play cds in there triumph instead of
the original AM/FM radio.

Please help.

Bert Swift
bertswft@tiac.net