tr6 thrustwashers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: tr6 thrustwashers
From: tom.omalley@channel1.com
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 16:20:11 GMT
Hello Jonathan!

>The fact is that i have another question,, (I got plenty of
>then because it's been only a month since I bouth my TR). Ok I was
>reading all messages concerning trust washers and they made me
>nervous...

Yes!  Remember though that some of these messages are contrived to
get new folks so filled with anxiety about their cars that they'll
sell 'em to us to us dirt cheap.

I always liked tr6's...where are you located again? :-)

> So I went in the garage to get the takr the free play of my
>crank shaft. I followed the step by step procedure of the VTR fact and I
>got 1/32in of free play what does it mean and what should I do?

Baby-toe-nail-itis!!  Not good...not good at all.  Left as it is this
condition will most certainly progress to *Big* toe-nail-itis and it's
not a pretty sight.

Serious mode on:  A few folks have posted that .010" is the maximum
crankshaft endfloat for a tr6.  1/32" is over *three times* that
number.

My best guess right now <and this is only a guess> is that you have
*not* dropped the thrustwashers into the oil pan but that you're
very close to doing so.

I would change 'em out straight away.

>Jonathan
>76' TR-6