Re: Spitfire rear suspension compensator

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire rear suspension compensator
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 07:07:33 -0700
>> Paul,
>> Nope, just change the spring, spring pad and clamp, block off the unused
>> holes in the diff. and your set. You can change the axles, if you want the
>> wider track, and the diff. if you want a stronger rear end but it's not
>> necessary.  Shocks are all the same -
>
>Will changing the spring to a 71-80 model improve handling?  Is it worth
>it?
Yes, but you should really replace the sway bar and clamps, with the
heavier one from the later year car also. (just as easy or easier than the
spring)

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )