Clunk?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clunk?
From: jmerone@vtetv.org (Joe Merone)
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 15:04:57 GMT
Good Monday...er Tuesday morning everyone.  Don't you just love those three day
weekends?

A few questions about the dreaded "clunk" in the rear end of a TR6 if I may
please.

I've developed a clunk that seems to happen only in FORWARD and is more obvious
and pronounced when starting up slowly while TURNING LEFT in first gear.  I
can't get it to happen in reverse.

I do know that the right front differential mount WAS welded long ago (more
than 12 years).  Does this fix ever not last?  This spring I did replace the
diff mounting rubber when doing other rear end work.

Any ideas?

Joe Merone

CF 18928