For Sale: 1977 Spitfire

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: For Sale: 1977 Spitfire
From: Terry Thompson <tlt@digex.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 13:35:44 -0400
First, let me say that I have two reasons for begrudgingly putting
this car up the block.  One reason is that when I bought it, I had
delusions of grander income than I really have. Two is that I was
overconfident in my abilities to find a place to keep & work on
this LBC.

The car I'm selling I purchased about 2 months ago from an
aquaintance. It's a blue '77 Spitfire 1500 w/Over drive. The soft
top is in very good condition.

Just as a general overview: It runs (60k mi.), it won't pass
inspection, the interior is a dog, and the body is in desperate
need of a paintjob (rust is starting to form on the less-well
painted areas.)

Now, I paid motorhead to give me a run-down of the items that need
to be adressed and I can give you that list if you're interested.

I paid $500 for the car, and $100 for a list of the real/potential
problems the car has. Since my other option is to pay someone $200
a month for a garage (with no lift) to stowe it in until I repair
it myself, I'm going to let it go for 2/3 my investment, $400/obo.
If I am confident it's going to a good home. According to people
I've spoken to, the O/D trans. is worth the $500 I paid for it.

The car is currently at Motorhead LTD. in Fairfax VA. E-mail me
personally if you want more info.

-Terry
'76 Spitfire (rolling restoration)
'77 Spitfire w/OD (up for grabs)