Re: For Sale: 1977 Spitfire

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (Return requested), tlt@digex.net (Return requested)
Subject: Re: For Sale: 1977 Spitfire
From: Peter Mchugh <Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov>
Date: 03 Sep 1997 09:13:00 -0400
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; 04FEC340D625C033-MTAdot1]
X400-originator: Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov
X400-received: by mta MTAdot1 in /c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 03 Sep 1997 09:13:00 -0400
X400-received: by /c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 03 Sep 1997 09:13:00 -0400
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <04FEC340D625C033*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=gov+dot/o=faa/s=Mchugh/g=Peter/@MHS>

     Listers,

     Just a quick add to Terry's note below...I've driven the car in
     question (more or less recently)...it indeed runs, has good oil
     pressure and the overdrive works smoothly (in fact, I'd love to rob
     the car of the overdrive myself).  Terry is a little harsh in his
     assessment of the paint condition, though stored outside it won't take
     long for real rust problems to develop.  The top was new when the car
     was delivered to Terry so it is in nice shape.  Although the door
     panels etc are missing (?) the seats are restorable (new covers would
     do the trick)...

     The battery works but is wrong size...needs replaced....but all in
     all, this would be a good start for a restorable Spit.  Sorry to see
     Terry sell it off....

     PMcQ

     76 Spitfire
     73 TR-6