Spitfire Stumblies

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire Stumblies
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 23:30:44 -0400
My '77 Spit (with '69 dual SU 1300 engine) has developed a bit of a low rpm
misfire. It is only from idle to around 2200 rpm when it is fully warmed
up. I only really notice it when moving off from rest, as all further
shifts never drop the revs that low. I have noticed that giving the
throttle a "blip" before moving off greatly reduces the occurance of the
stumble. Other possibly useful information - the car has Crane electronic
ignition, a Mallory coil, and the distributor cap looks nearly new (PO
claimed recent tuneup). I am using 10w30 engine oil in the carb dampers.
Any and all pointers greatly appreciated.

Kevin Rhodes
77ish Spitfire