would you beleive.....maxwell smart

To: pjthomas@snet.net
Subject: would you beleive.....maxwell smart
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 21:51:43 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Peter,

Thank you!  I thought I was mad until now.  You have raised doubts.

In 1984, the manitoba Provincial Honor Band (Symphonic Winds) met in
Brandon Manitoba in the middle of April.  Being touristy,  I brought only
<spring> clothes.  To abbreviate....  worst blizzard in 25 years.  soring
jacket.  silly shoes.  stuck car.  midnight at the billet's home, frozen
solid and working on my third brandy (minor?  who?)  we tunjed in on Get
Smart.

I distinctly remember ol '86 pulling around the corner in a spa white TR4a.
 I beleive it had wire wheels and a luggage rack but hell, I was a bit out
of sorts.  However,  two months earlier and not yet 16, I became the owner
of a derelict TR4a (the one I still refer to - still have it - "I remember
seeing <my car> being driven by Maxweeell Smart."

Can you confirm this as sounding right?   I watched every rerun for as long
as they reran, and a few "oldies channel preview weekends"  but never again
saw the white car.  Could it have been late 67 after Chrysler took over
Sunbeam and pulled the tiger from the show but they needed a "close" look
alike ?

Love to get to the bottom of this one....something up on the MG/AHC club if
we get this one right!

Dave Terrick
Winnipeg
65 TR4A IRS